Episode 000 Episode 101 Portal Episode 102
The title of the episode is a reference to the motto of House Stark.
North of the Wall
- Sansa eager to be a princess
- The feast at Winterfell
- Musings about the Wall
- A message from the Eyrie
Related Chapters in the Books
One of the Night’s Watchman that was out ranging North of the Wall and wound up getting devoured by wights.
Way back in the pilot, we all felt kind of bad for this Night’s Watch deserter, because we knew that he really had seen the White Walkers. I bet they wish they’d listened to him now…
- Cause of death: Ned Stark beheaded him.
- Sadness ranking: 3. We barely knew him and barely remember him, but he sent an important message and didn’t deserve to die for it.
We never got to know Jon Arryn, since he was already dead when the show started. But we did get to see his dead body. He was the Hand of the King to Robert Baratheon before Ned Stark, and also Ned’s guardian. He was married to Catelyn’s sister, Lysa.
- Cause of death: Poisoned by SPOILER ALERT and SPOILER ALERT
- Sadness ranking: 4. We never see him alive or even see his real eyes, but he seemed like a nice enough guy who was trying to reveal Cersei and Jaime’s little secret and protect the realm.
Sources: (Genevieve Van Voorhis) moviepilot.com and (Carrie Wittmer) Business Insider
NUDITY AND VIOLENCE
In the Woods — piles of dismembered bodies, including a young girl pinned to a tree; heads on spikes; a graphic decapitation (7:20)
Near Winterfell—Ned executes a deserter by means of decapitation (14:10)
Before the Feast—Tyrion enjoys the company of a nude prostitute and they are joined by three more topless females (31:10)
Bath Time—Daenerys is quite nude in the presence of her creepy brother, and again as she climbs into the pool (34:30)
Wedding Night—not an enjoyable consummation for Daenerys as Khal Drogo rapes her on their wedding night (57:35)
To the Tower—Jaime and his sister in flagrante delicto in the tower (59:55)