The episode takes its title from a mocking nickname given to Jon Snow by Ser Alliser Thorne, first used in the scene Jon Snow begins his training.
Source: Game of Thrones Wikia
Same as episode 102.
- Arya Stark and Syrio Forel – Arya begins taking lessons
- Lessons on being a good king
- Old Nan tells the story of the Long Night – This episode is dedicated to the memory of Margaret John, who plays Old Nan, and who sadly passed away on 2 February 2011 after a brief illness.
- Not a queen, a khaleesi
- Arya Stark and Syrio Forel
Nudity & Violence
Baelish’s Women — when Catelyn arrives at Baelish’s brothel, we are greeted by the sight of several topless women (19:45)
There are no on-screen deaths in season 1 episode 3. It is the only episode in season 1 which has no deaths.
Sources: (Genevieve Van Voorhis) moviepilot.com and (Carrie Wittmer) Business Insider
- Coming Soon
Related Chapters in the Books
Click links for a detailed synopsis of each chapter, and to view related artwork.
A Game of Thrones:
- Chapter 18, Catelyn IV – Catelyn and Ser Rodrik arrive in King’s Landing by ship. At a secret meeting with Petyr Baelishand Varys, Catelyn is told the assassin’s knife belonged to Tyrion Lannister.
- Chapter 19, Jon III – After training, Jon Snow is attacked by several other recruits but saved by Donal Noye, who shows Jon the error of his ways. Then Jon meets up with Tyrion and later learns from the Lord Commander that Bran has awoken.
- Chapter 20, Eddard IV – Immediately upon his arrival in King’s Landing, Ned is summoned to a meeting of the small council to plan a tournament. Afterward, Littlefinger intercepts him and leads him to where Catelyn is hiding, where they plan their strategy for justice.
- Chapter 21, Tyrion III – Tyrion dines with high officers of the Night’s Watch and promises Lord Commander Mormont that he will speak to the king of their need. Afterwards, while paying a final visit to the Wall, Tyrion meets Jon Snow, who asks Tyrion to do what he can to help his brother Bran.
- Chapter 22, Arya II – Unhappy at King’s Landing, Arya abandons her dinner. Her father comes to her room to talk to her and sees she has her sword out. After a long talk, he decides not to take the sword away. Several days later, Arya meets her new dancing master.
- Chapter 23, Daenerys III – Daenerys learns to embrace her life in Drogo’s khalasar, and stands up to Viserys for the first time. Afterward, when Drogo arrives to have sex with her, she rides him instead of being taken from behind and becomes pregnant.
- Chapter 24, Bran IV – Bran is roused from his depression when he is called to the Great Hall of Winterfell to receive Tyrion Lannister. Despite Robb’s rudeness, Tyrion provides plans for a saddle that will allow Bran to ride a horse once more.